ziggis1

“Ziggi’s is where community comes together. Our Coffeehouse locations feature relaxing, diverse atmospheres with fast, friendly baristas, live music, and monthly exhibits by local artists. For those days when you’re on the go, we offer two drive-through locations in Longmont.

When it comes to community involvement, we put our money where our mouth is, donating to hundreds of causes and supporting our local schools. Our commitment is year round, we raise thousands of dollars through our annual back-to-school fundraiser and donate hundreds of gift cards to local nonprofit organizations throughout the year.

We also support local businesses through the Chamber of Commerce and participating in community events.”

Visit Website

History Tour Stop

This building was erected as the Longmont National Bank in 1905. Founded by F. W. Flanders, A. E. Flanders, H. L. Wood, and J. Ernest White, the Longmont Bank remained in business at this location until 1916. The bank was in the front part of the building closest to Main Street, while the rear of the building was divided into four small retail spaces with access from 4th Avenue. In 1906, these spaces were occupied by a barber, a candy and cigar store, a dentist, and an office. Numerous businesses, including drug stores, a dentist office, a barber shop, and a music store, were located in the building through the end of the twentieth century. Ziggi’s Coffee has occupied the building’s corner retail space since 2004.” – Office of Archaeology and Historic Preservation, History Colorado

Other occupants have included Lutes’ Drug Store (1923-1936), and the Firestone Stores Home and Auto Supply (1946-1965).

ziggys

Exterior of Ziggy’s, East Side of Main 1905-1907

Photo Courtesy Longmont Museum